Bach1

c8d1
J.S. Bach Portrait

Invention 13 by J. S. Bach

Synchronizing Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) to Music

Resize the window to scale. Play the audio file. Change the tempo. Click any note.


J. S. Bach (1685-1750) is one of my heroes. I admire musicians and artists who create great art while still managing their personal and financial lives competently. Bach was a true professional. He produced on demand, fulfilled his commitments, supported a family, and was widely respected by his peers. A few of my other heroes in the music world are C.P.E. Bach, George Frideric Handel, Franz Josef Haydn, Giuseppe Verdi, and Charles Ives. I would also include some of the jazz greats like Dizzy Gillespie and Duke Ellington.
This presentation was developed using HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript. I find that frameworks and preprocessors are usually unnecessary in my work but I am getting more enthusiastic about the latest version of React.js for managing state. Staying up to date in the ever-changing landscape of web development is a real challenge. I find that emphasizing fundamentals is key to being able to adapt to new tools and trends.
https://shearspiremedia.com/about.html